Welcome to the website of iCan Interactive Inc.
2 Your Consent
“Cookies” means small files sent to your browser from a web server and stored in your computer. “Information of a Non-Personal Nature” means any non-confidential, non-proprietary information derived from your connection to this website, such as your Internet browser, domain name and referrer link.
“Personal Information” means personally-identifiable information including, without limitation, your name, street address, telephone number and personal email address.
4 Information of a Non-Personal Nature
As a general policy, with the exception of IP addresses, no Personal Information is automatically collected from visitors to the iCan Interactive Inc. website. iCan Interactive Inc. may gather and analyse IP addresses and certain Information of a Non-Personal Nature regarding website usage by visitors to the iCan Interactive Inc. website. Such data is used in an aggregate form to assist iCan Interactive Inc. in determining general usage patterns and to administer, diagnose problems with, and fine tune the layout of the iCan Interactive Inc. website. We may share non-personal, summary, or aggregate customer data with partners and other third parties at our discretion.
6 Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
In certain portions of the iCan Interactive Inc. website, certain Personal Information may be voluntarily and knowingly provided to us by visitors to the iCan Interactive Inc. website. When entering a contest, for example, we will ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, as well as certain other information.
iCan Interactive Inc. may use Personal Information for editorial, feedback or other fully disclosed purposes, such as to enter you into a contest or respond by email to an inquiry that you posed on-line, to the extent such use by iCan Interactive Inc. is explained to visitors when the information is voluntarily and knowingly provided to iCan Interactive Inc. We may also match your Personal Information that you provide to us on this website to information contained in our database. Your Personal Information may also be used by iCan Interactive Inc. to contact you regarding other products or services which may be of interest to you (including those that we may offer jointly with other companies).
We will not give, sell, rent, or loan any of your Personal Information to any third party (with the exception of third parties performing functions on our behalf who have an obligation to keep your information completely confidential or a third party who buys our business) unless you have authorized us to do so.
iCan Interactive Inc. reserves the right to access and/or disclose Personal Information where required to comply with applicable laws or lawful government requests or, in iCan Interactive Inc’s reasonable opinion, to operate the iCan Interactive Inc. website properly and securely, or to protect iCan Interactive Inc. or visitors to this website. iCan Interactive Inc, acting reasonably, shall attempt to obtain the prior consent of the individual to whom such Personal Information relates prior to disclosure to third parties. Your Personal Information may be stored on servers hosted in the United States or otherwise outside of Canada.
7 A Note to Parents
iCan Interactive Inc. is very sensitive to privacy issues and is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the Internet safe for our users. As a result, no Personal Information should be submitted to or posted on this site by children under the age of 13 without their parent’s or guardian’s permission. In addition, if a user younger than 13 wishes to send us Personal Information, he or she must first give us his or her parent’s or guardian’s email address so that we can obtain their permission, or have the child’s parent or guardian consent on his or her behalf. No Personal Information will knowingly be accepted from a child under 13 before this permission is obtained. Be assured that iCan Interactive Inc. will not condition a child’s participation in any website activity on the child’s disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
If your child has already provided us with Personal Information, you may ask to see this information for the purpose of correcting it, or ask us to delete this information from our records entirely (see “Who to Contact” below.)
8 CCPA ADDENDUM
Effective Date: January 1, 2020 Last Reviewed On: April 19, 2020
8.1 Information We May Collect From You
Our Products collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, the Products have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||First and last name, email address, Internet Protocol address, online||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||First and last name.||YES|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history or information on a consumer’s interaction with the Products or our advertisements on third-party platforms.||YES|
Personal information does not include: (1) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; (2) publicly available information from government records; or (3) information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete when registering for the Products.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Products.
8.2 Use of Personal Information
8.3 Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not to use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category 1: Identifiers
- Category 2: Personal Information
- Category 3: Internet activity
8.4 Your Rights and Choices
8.4.1 Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The categories of personal information we share with third parties.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
8.4.2 Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will permanently and irrevocably anonymize your personal information, unless an exception applies.We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by using the Contact form on this web site.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We also provide an easy-to-view snapshot of your personal information that we have processed via the “My Data” tab in the Products.
8.4.3 Response Timing and Format
Upon receiving a request for access, portability, or deletion, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 days and provide information about our verification process and how we will process the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response to the email address associated with the account for account holders, and to the email address provided with the request submission for non-account holders.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily readable and useable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
8.5 Cookie-Based Marketing Opt-Out
Like most companies, we partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google to manage our marketing of iCan Interactive products and services on other platforms, where such advertising is based on your past visits to our products and services. These third party partners may use technologies, such as cookies, to gather information about your activities on the Products to deliver such advertising to you when you visit their platforms. For instance, if you visit www.icaninteractive.com, a cookie may be attached to your browser in the form of the Facebook Pixel that allows iCan Interactive to deliver advertising to you on the Facebook platform.
We do NOT sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for their own advertising or marketing purposes.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
8.7 Changes to our CCPA Addendum
We reserve the right to amend this CCPA Addendum at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this CCPA Addendum, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the effective date. Your continued use of our Products and Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
9 Who to Contact
- See Personal Information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete your Personal Information from our files
- Once your child under 18 has sent us Personal Information, see that Personal Information so that you can correct, update or delete it
- Once your child under 18 has sent us Personal Information, delete that Personal Information from our files
- Ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you
or by regular mail at:
iCan Interactive Inc.
110 Copper Creek Dr, Suite 201a
Markham, Ontario, L6B0P9